Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes
The View From the Great Island
Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes ~ a light citrusy recipe perfect for a special spring brunch, or any time you just want to treat yourself to something special!
- dry ingredients
- 0.75 cup all-purpose flour
- 0.25 cup whole wheat flour
- 0.33333333333333 cup sugar
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 0.25 tsp salt
- wet ingredients
- 0.33333333333333 cup buttermilk
- 0.75 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 2 lemons zest
- 0.25 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 3 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1 egg
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 0.33333333333333 cup Poppy seeds
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, blend the wet ingredients together and fold in the poppy seeds.
- Add the wet to the dry and mix just until combined, don't over mix, you want your pancakes to be fluffy! Lumps are fine.
- Cook on a lightly greased griddle until lightly golden on both sides.
- Serve hot with maple syrup.