Maple Candied Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
The View From the Great Island
Maple Candied Brussels Sprouts with Bacon ~ tender Brussels sprouts roasted in maple syrup and a little bacon grease, topped with lots of crisp bacon bits.
- ½ pound thick cut smoked bacon
- 1 lbs Brussels sprouts (trimmed)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Lay out the bacon on an un-greased baking sheet and roast until crisp, approximately 20 minutes. Drain the bacon on paper towels and reserve the grease. When the bacon is cool, finely chop it and set aside.
- Raise the oven temperature to 375F
- Toss the sprouts with 2 Tbsp of the reserved bacon grease, the maple syrup, and a dash of salt, making sure all the sprouts get evenly coated.
Spread them out on the same baking sheet and roast for about 30 minutes, stirring once or twice during the cooking time so that they cook evenly. (Taste test the sprouts for doneness ~ they should be firm but not crunchy.)
- Toss the hot sprouts with the bacon, season with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island