Matcha Green Tea Macaroons
Matcha Green Tea Macaroons are bursting with coconut and coated in rich dark chocolate. These cookies can be made in 30 minutes and are a gluten free treat!
- 8 oz unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoons matcha powder ((adjust up or down to desired taste))
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons honey or brown rice syrup
- 5 oz dark chocolate (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking tray with a silpat (also called a silicone mat).
- Add the coconut, matcha, and salt to a bowl. Whisk to combine. Add in the honey, starting with 4 tablespoons and then adding more until the dough comes together and holds shape when molded.
- Form the dough into macaroon shaped cookies and line up on a baking tray. These cookies don't spread, so as long as they are not touching, they can sit pretty close to one another.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Set aside ant allow to cool.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate. Dip the bottom of the macaroons in chocolate and set them on wax or parchment paper to dry. Drizzle the tops with chocolate as well. Once the chocolate hardens, serve.