Mexican Grilled Corn Salad Recipe
Creamy and delicious Mexican Grilled Corn Salad is quick and easy to make. Great to use some of those juicy summer corn and perfect for the grilling season.
- 4 corn on the cob (or use frozen cut corn)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove (finely minced)
- 1 tsp chili powder (adjust as per taste)
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 scallions (finely chopped)
- 1 small red onion (finely chopped)
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 jalapeno (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp cilantro (finely chopped)
- to taste Salt Pepper
- Grill the corn until nicely charred all over. Once slightly cooled, cut the kernels off the cob. Heat a small skillet and dry roast the chili powder and minced garlic to remove the bite and add to the grilled corn.
- Alternately, heat oil in a large non-stick skillet and add the fresh or frozen corn kernels. Cook on high heat, stirring occasionally, until corn starts on char. Add the garlic clove and chili powder and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove the charred corn into a bowl and cool slightly.
- Next add all the other ingredients, mix well. Adjust the seasoning and serve warm or at room temperature.
View the recipe instructions at Cook's Hideout