Mustard Pork Chops
The View From the Great Island
Mustard Pork Chops ~ this is a quick and easy 30-minute meal that comes from Nigella Lawson, so you know it’s also comforting and luxurious!
- 2 pork chops ((about 1 lb total) If they are thick, pound them down a bit between two layers of plastic)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup hard cider (or wine, vermouth, or dry sherry)
- 1 tbsp stone ground mustard
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat until quite hot. Sprinkle the pork chops with a little salt and the grill them for about 5 minutes on each side, just until they are done through and no longer pink. Remove the chops to a warm plate.
- Add the hard cider to the pan and let the liquid bubble away for a couple of minutes. It will reduce a little and you can scrape up any brown bits from the pan to add flavor to your sauce.
- Stir in the mustard and the cream and heat through.
- Serve the pork chops drenched in the sauce, with boiled potatoes alongside.