Mixed Vegetable Ponganalu
Mixed Vegetable Paniyaram/ Ponganalu are made with either idli batter or dosa batter and mixed vegetables. These can be served for breakfast or snack with chutney.
- 3 cups (Dosa or Idli Batter)
- 3 tbsps green beans (, finely chopped)
- 3 tbsps pepper (Green , finely chopped)
- 3 tbsps carrot (, grated)
- 1 onion (Small , finely chopped)
- 2 chilies (Green , finely chopped)
- 1 tsp ginger (, finely grated)
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 tbsps cilantro (, finly chopped)
- to taste Salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well. Set aside for 15~20 minutes.
- Heat ponganalu/ paniyaram/aebleskiver pan on medium heat. Once the pan is hot enough, pour about ½tsp oil or ghee in each cavity.
- Pour about 1~2tbsp of the batter in each, cover the pan and cook till the bottom of the paniyaram turn golden brown, 2~3 minutes. Gently flip each paniyaram and cook on the other side until golden, about 2 minutes. Drizzle in a little more oil of ghee if desired while cooking.
- Remove from the pan and serve hot with your favorite chutney.