The View From the Great Island
Chocolate Crinkles have a beautifully crackled surface and a rich brownie flavor. This easy holiday cookie recipe will become a treasured family favorite!
makes approximately 5 dozen cookies
- 0.5 cup vegetable oil
- 4oz oz unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 cup powdered sugar
- In large bowl, mix oil, chocolate, granulated sugar and vanilla. Stir in eggs, one at a time. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Cover; refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheet with shortening or cooking spray.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls into powdered sugar; roll around to coat and shape into balls. Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until almost no imprint remains when touched lightly in center. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.