The View From the Great Island
Chocolate Crinkles have a beautifully crackled surface and a rich brownie flavor. This easy holiday cookie recipe will become a treasured family favorite!
makes approximately 5 dozen cookies
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate (melted)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- In large bowl, mix oil, chocolate, granulated sugar and vanilla. Stir in eggs, one at a time. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Cover; refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheet with shortening or cooking spray.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls into powdered sugar; roll around to coat and shape into balls. Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until almost no imprint remains when touched lightly in center. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island