Moroccan Lamb Lollipops
The Gourmet RD
These make for a fun hand-held protein treat. I’d take it over a sweet lollipop any day of the week!
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1½ tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp paprika or smoked paprika
- 2 tsp each ground turmeric, ground ginger and ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp each coarse salt and ground black pepper
- ½ tsp allspice and cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 2 lbs rack of lamb (cut into lollipops)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together cumin, coriander, paprika, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, salt, pepper, allspice, cayenne and cloves until combined.
Place lamb lollipops on a baking sheet and evenly coat with spice rub on all sides. Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet to medium or medium-high heat.
Work in batches to pan-fry lamb lollipops, about 2-3 minutes per side, just until browned and crisp on both sides. Lollipops are best cooked medium-rare to medium (140-155 degrees).