No Churn Pineapple Chile Sorbet
The View From the Great Island
No Churn Pineapple Chile Sorbet ~ just a few healthy ingredients and a blender make a uniquely refreshing sorbet ~ the flavor inspiration comes straight from the fruit carts of Mexico. It's gluten free, fat free, and so healthy. Serve this sweet and spicy frozen treat on a warm night and wait for the raves!
- 1 pineapple
- juice of lime
- 1 tsp chipotle chile powder
- ½ tsp cayenne powder (omit for less heat)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, foil, or a silicone mat.
- Slice off the leafy top from the pineapple. Use a sharp knife to slice away the outer peel. Slice the pineapple into 1 inch slices, core and all. Chop the slices into bite sized pieces.
- Arrange the pineapple on the baking sheet. Freeze for 2 hours, or until frozen solid.
- Put the frozen pineapple chunks into a high power blender or food processor. Add the lime juice and spices. Process until completely smooth, scraping down the sides of the machine as necessary.
- Serve right away for a slushy, soft-serve consistency, otherwise, spoon the mixture into a loaf pan and put in the freezer to firm up, at least 4 hours.
- Scoop and enjoy, garnished with fresh mint and a sprinkle of chile powder.