Nutella Bear Claws
Quick & easy recipe to make Bear Claws with puff pastry sheets. They can be made sweet (with Nutella or Cookie butter) or savory (with cheese).
- 1 pastry Sheet (sheet Puff , thawed)
- 2 ~ 3 tbsps Nutella hazelnut chocolate sauce (or similar)
- 2 tsps sugar (Turbinado)
- 1 tbsps 1 Egg soy almond milk (, whisked (optional) or use or)
- 2 ~ 3 tbsps Almonds (Slivered)
- Roll out the thawed puff pastry into 12" square on a floured surface. Cut into three 4" wide strips.
- Spread the strips with Nutella. Brush the edges with beaten egg or water and fold in half lengthwise; press to seal.
- Cut each crosswise into 4 pieces.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet; cut three slits along the sealed edges of each. Brush with beaten egg (or soy/ almond milk), then press slivered almonds into the pastry for claws.
- Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Sprinkle the claws with turbinado sugar and bake for 23~25 minutes or until golden.