Nutella S’mores Bars
The View From the Great Island
Nutella S'mores Bars are ooey, gooey, decadent, and delicious ~ they're everybody's favorite campfire treat made right in the kitchen!
- 5 oz full sized graham crackers
- 1 cup all purpose flour (plus 2 Tbsp)
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 0.66666666666667 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 1 cup Nutella
- 3.5 oz of marshmallow fluff
- Set the oven to 350F
- Grind the graham crackers in a food processor until finely ground. It helps to break them apart as you add them to the machine. Process until the mixture is very finely pulverized, with no lumps.
- Mix the cracker meal with the flour and salt and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the vanilla bean paste and blend well.
- Add in the flour/graham mixture and fold in until well combined.
- Press 2/3 of the dough into a lightly greased or parchment lined 8x8 square baking pan. Using your fingers, spread the dough evenly across the pan so it covers the entire bottom.
- Spread the Nutella over the dough.
- Using a small spoon, dollop the marshmallow fluff evenly across the Nutella. You don't need to spread it out, but try to get small dollops evenly distributed across the entire surface.
- Crumble the remaining 1/3 of the dough over the top. Use your fingertips to break it apart into small pieces and scatter it evenly across the surface. Some of the marshmallow will peek through.
- Bake for about 35 minutes until lightly golden and puffed up a bit.
- Let cool before cutting if you want neat squares, but these are pretty amazing while they are still warm.