One Pot Pumpkin Curry
One Pot Pumpkin Curry - a simple 30 minute dinner recipe that is full of flavor! Sweet pumpkin simmers in a fragrant curry sauce with tofu or your protein of choice.
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 shallots (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons ginger (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 6 cups squash (diced, or pumpkin, i like kabocha or butternut squash best !))
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1 block extra firm tofu (cut into squares)
- 1 lime (zest and juice from)
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 kafir lime leaf (optional)
- Heat the avocado oil in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium high heat. Add in the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the garlic, ginger, and curry paste. Cook, stirring constantly until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add in the coconut milk, a little at a time, until well mixed. Add in the squash, tofu, lime zest, coconut sugar, salt and lime leaf. Bring the mixture to a simmer. Cover and simmer until the squash is tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the curry from the heat and stir in the lime juice. Remove the lime leaf, if using, and serve over rice!
View the recipe instructions at www.darngoodveggies.com