This is a very basic rice recipe with caramelized onions and my entry for this week's A-Z Indian Vegetables hosted by Nupur (@ one hot stove).
- 2 cups Rice (- cooked)
- 2 onions (- large, thinly sliced)
- 2 tbsp tomato (puree)
- ¼ cup peas
- 1 tsp chili powder (Red)
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cloves
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- Heat 2tsp oil in a pan, add bay leaves, cloves and cumin seeds, saute for 30 seconds.
- Add onions, fry on medium heat for about 20-25 minutes. Occasionally baby sitting the onions to make sure that they don't burn.
- After the onions turn golden brown and caramelized , add tomato puree and peas (boiled), cook for 2 minutes. Add chili powder, garam masala and salt, cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Mix rice into onion mixture, adjust seasoning and serve hot as is or with a curry/raita on the side.
View the recipe instructions at Cook's Hideout