Paleo Spaghetti Squash Lasagna
The Honey Blonde
- 1 spaghetti squash (halved with seeds removed)
- olive oil ((divided))
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup raw cashews (chopped into pieces )
- 1 lemon (juice of )
- 2 tbsp olive oil ((divided))
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp water ( plus more for boiling )
- ½ lb lean ground beef
- ½ onion (diced)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 can whole tomatoes
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Drizzle about 1 tsp of olive oil over the flesh of the spaghetti squash. Sprinkle over a pinch of salt and pepper. Place the squash cut side down on top of a foil lined baking sheet.
- Place cashew pieces in a small sauce pan and cover with water. Place on the stove over medium high heat and bring to a boil. Once at a boil, reduce heat to medium low and cover. Let simmer for at least 20 minutes. One nuts are soft, strain the cashews from the boiling water. Place cashews in a food processor. Add in lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and water and process until it forms a consistency similar to ricotta cheese, about 2 minutes on high.
- To make the sauce, place a large saute pan over medium high heat. Saute onions and garlic in 1-2 tsp of olive oil until onions are translucent. Add in ground beef and break up with a spoon. Cook until turkey is brown and no longer pink.
- Sprinkle paprika, and a couple pinches of salt and pepper over the beef. Pour in the tomatoes and break apart with the spoon until it forms a chunky sauce. Sprinkle in oregano and basil. Bring to a simmer then reduce heat and cover. Continue to cook until squash is done, about 20-30 minutes.
- Once squash is finished roasting, pull apart the flesh with a fork to form a noodle like texture. Spoon the nut cheese on top and spread out with the back of a spoon. Then top with a generous serving of the meat sauce. Place back in the oven for 5 minutes, then serve immediately.
View the recipe instructions at The Honey Blonde