Panettone and Stollen Bread and Butter Pudding
Got any panettone and stollen left from Christmas? Make use of it with this amazing and easy to make twist on a classic British pudding!
- 250 g pannetone (cut up in to wedges)
- 100 g stollen (cut in to cubes)
- 25 g butter
- 2 eggs ((beaten))
- 140 ml double cream
- 225 ml milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- ½ orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 160°C / gas 3 / fan 140°C. Grease a large shallow baking dish with a little bit of butter.
- Cut the panettone into wedges and half again leaving the crust on. Butter each wedge and place in the dish buttered side up. place your stollen in between each slice.
- In a jug whisk together the eggs, cream, milk, vanilla extract, orange zest and sugar and pour evenly over the panettone and stollen.
- Place the dish in a roasting tin and pour hot water around it to the depth of about 2.5cm / 1 inch. Bake for 35 minutes until the pudding it just set.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
View the recipe instructions at Globe Scoffers