Pasta with Sun Dried Tomato and Almond Pesto
The View From the Great Island
This Pasta with Sun Dried Tomato and Almond Pesto is a powerhouse of flavor, you won't miss the meat at all!
- 0.5 cup, drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 0.33333333333333 cup salted roasted almonds (I used Marcona almonds, skin on)
- 1 large garlic clove (sliced)
- 0.5 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 0.5 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 12 ounces spaghetti (I used whole grain)
- 0.33333333333333 cup chopped parsley plus more for garnish
- In a food processor, pulse the tomatoes, almonds, and garlic. Add 1/4 cup of the oil and puree. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, toast the bread crumbs in 2 tablespoons of the oil, stirring, until golden. Transfer the crumbs to a plate; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid. In the pot, toss the pasta with the pesto, parsley, some of the reserved cooking water and remaining 2 tablespoons of oil until the sauce clings to the pasta. Transfer the pasta to bowls, sprinkle with the bread crumbs, a little more parsley and drizzle with olive oil.