Peach Barbecue Smothered Pork Chops
The View From the Great Island
Slow Cooked Peach Barbecue Smothered Pork Chops ~ once you try these you'll never go back to cooking pork chops any other way, they're fork tender!
- 2 bone-in center cut pork loin chops (about 1 -- 1/2 lbs) You can also use boneless
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small Vidalia or Maui onion (peeled and chopped)
- 1 large shallot,
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 ripe peaches (peeled and chopped)
- for the sauce
- 0.25 cup apple cider vinegar
- 0.25 cup bourbon
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- juice of lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- fresh parsley (minced)
- Season the chops on both sides with salt and pepper. Coat the bottom of a skillet with the oil and heat on medium high heat until quite hot but not smoking. Brown the chops on both sides and remove to the crock pot.
- Lower the heat and add the onions and shallots and garlic to the pan with a dash of water and saute for a couple of minutes. Scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the onions to the chops in the crock pot, making sure to get all the juices from the pan.
- Add the peaches to the crock pot as well.
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients and pour over the peaches and chops. Cook for 6-7 hours on low.
- Carefully remove the chops from the cooker. The meat will be falling off the bone, so if you want them to stay intact, use extra care. Set the meat aside.
- Check the remaining liquid for any bone fragments and then puree in a blender or food processor. Taste and adjust the seasonings if necessary.
- Serve the chops topped with the sauce and garnished with fresh parsley.