Peanut Tofu Buddha Bowl
Peanut Tofu Buddha Bowl! A healthy lunch or dinner, perfect for the New Year! Brown rice, the BEST tofu, vegetables, roasted broccoli in a simple peanut sauce. Vegan and Gluten-Free.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cups carrots (shredded)
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (or additional sesame oil, divided)
- 1 cup chickpeas (drained and rinsed, if using canned)
- 16 oz extra firm tofu (pressed and drained)
- 1 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup 100 % pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Chili garlic sauce
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter (or crunchy)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cube tofu and place in a single layer on a non-stick baking sheet and cook for 25 minutes. If you aren\'t using a non-stick baking sheet, lightly spray with cooking spray. Remove from oven and place in a shallow bowl.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the sauce (sesame oil, soy sauce, maple syrup, chili garlic sauce, peanut butter) until creamy and smooth. Add 1/2 of the sauce to the tofu bowl and let marinate while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Toss the broccoli with 1 teaspoon sesame or olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes until just tender.
- Heat remaining olive or sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add tofu, in batches, along with the marinating sauce until crispy and golden browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- To assemble, divide the brown rice among 4 bowls, top each bowl with 1/4 cup shredded carrots, 1/2 cup spinach leaves, 1/4th broccoli, 1/4 cup garbanzo beans and a few pieces of tofu. Drizzle with remaining peanut sauce.
View the recipe instructions at www.delishknowledge.com