Pumpkin Ravioli with Sage Browned Butter Parmesan and Pecans
From a Chef's Kitchen
Pumpkin Ravioli with Sage Browned Butter, Parmesan and Pecans uses wonton wrappers and canned pumpkin for a lovely dinner any day of the year!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil ((divided))
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese plus more for topping
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 24 wonton skins
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 6 large sage leaves ( thinly sliced plus a leaf thinly sliced)
- ¼ cup toasted pecans
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine canned pumpkin puree, 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, cayenne if using and salt and black pepper to taste.
- Place 12 wonton skins on a flat non-stick surface. Divide the filling equally, placing approximately 1 tablespoon in the center of each wonton skin.
- Brush around the outside of the filling with beaten egg. Carefully place another wonton skin over the filling. Gently stretch it to make the edges come together neatly, removing any air pockets from the ravioli. Repeat until 12 ravioli are assembled.
- Place the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. When the butter has melted and begins to simmer, reduce heat to low and let it continue simmering until it turns a light golden brown. Add the sage leaves and cook 1-2 minutes, being careful the butter does not get overly browned. Remove from heat and set aside. Remove sage with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
- Working in batches, place 4 ravioli at a time in the boiling water. Cook 2 minutes or until they begin to float slightly (they don’t need to come all the way to the top). Remove with a slotted spoon and drain in a colander. Repeat with remaining ravioli.
- To serve, place ravioli on a plate. Drizzle with browned butter, leaving any browned milk solid bits behind in the saucepan. Top with sage leaves (both cooked and slivers), Parmesan cheese and pecans.
View the recipe instructions at From a Chef's Kitchen