Purple Cauliflower Rice Salad
The View From the Great Island
My healthy Purple Cauliflower Rice Salad is gluten free and colorful ~ combining roasted and raw veggies for tons of antioxidants, vitamins, and fiber!
- 1 head of purple cauliflower
- 1 carrot (finely diced)
- 0.5 cup drained and rinsed chickpeas
- 1 small Persian cucumber (finely diced)
- 0.33333333333333 cup roasted red peppers (chopped)
- 1 golden beet, roasted and cut in small wedges
- 1 cup roasted Brussels sprouts
- 0.5 cup black olives
- 0.5 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 0.25 cup finely minced red onion
- 0.5 cup roasted cranberries and/or pomegranate seeds
- handful of toasted pine nuts
- sprinkle of micro-greens
- juice of 1 blood orange (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp champagne vinegar (or other mild white vinegar)
- pinch salt
- Remove the florets from the head of cauliflower and trim excess stems (a little of the top stem is fine to leave on) Put the florets in a food processor and pulse until they become evenly ground into a coarse grain-like texture, much like couscous. Put the cauliflower rice into a salad bowl and toss with some of the dressing.
- Arrange the other ingredients around the cauliflower, drizzle with dressing, and garnish with the nuts and micro-greens. Alternatively you can toss everything together.
- To roast beets and Brussels sprouts toss them lightly in olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and put on a baking sheet. Roast in a 375F oven for about 30 minutes or until just tender.
- To roast cranberries put on a baking sheet and roast for just 5-6 minutes in a 350F oven, just until they start to pop.