Rainier Cherry Almond Tart
The View From the Great Island
Rainier Cherry Almond Tart ~ Rainier cherries are a seasonal treat not to be missed! This easy almond scented tart can be a simple dessert, or a very elegant sidekick to a cup of good coffee.
- pie crust to line a 9inch tart pan
- ½ cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour (or use more almond flour for gluten free)
- 30 cherries (pitted and halved)
- Set oven to 375F
- Line the 9 inch tart pan or pie plate with the crust. Put in the refrigerator while you continue.
- Cream the butter and the sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, and then mix in the flours and almond extract.
- Spread the mixture into the pie shell and top with the cherry halves, laying them face down across the entire surface of the tart.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes until golden and firm to the touch.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island