Ranier Cherry Almond Muffins
The View From the Great Island
Ranier Cherry Almond Muffins ~ these tender muffins are packed with ripe juicy cherries and topped with a sweet cherry glaze!
- 1¾ cups flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 heaping cup chopped fresh cherries
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- for the Glaze
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- cherry juice (or milk or cream) to thin
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, lightly crushed
- Set oven to 375 F
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Whisk the wet ingredients together and add to the dry, mixing just until combined.
- Fold in the cherries and almonds.
- Fill 12 muffin cups and bake for 25-35 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Make the glaze by mixing the sugar with enough cherry juice, or milk, to make a spreadable glaze. Add the almond extract and the crushed almonds.
- Cool the muffins on a rack, and spoon the glaze over them when they are cool.