Red Velvet Cupcakes with Marshmallow fluff Frosting
Moist and fluffy red velvet cupcakes with marshallow (fluff) frosting. Cupcakes are vegan so use a vegan frosting to make a completely vegan recipe.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup oil
- 1 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp Egg replacer whisked in 6tbsp water (or use 2 large eggs)
- 1 tbsp Red food color
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup almond milk (can be substituted with buttermilk)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 cups Marshmallow creme/ fluff
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cup in each of the muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the oil and sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Add the egg mixture and beat until mixed through.
- Stir in food color and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and almond milk; mix until blended,
- Finally beat in baking soda and vinegar until well blended.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 22~25 minutes or until the toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove onto cooling racks and cool completely.
- Microwave the marshmallow creme/ fluff to soften. Cool slightly and then add the softened butter, beat until smooth.
- Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spoon 1 tablespoon frosting onto each cupcake, swirling frosting with back of spoon. Decorate with sprinkles and serve!!
View the recipe instructions at Cook's Hideout