Roasted Green Beans with Tomato Caper Relish
From a Chef's Kitchen
Roasted Green Beans with Tomato Caper Relish is a combination of two of summer's best veggies creating a beautiful, elegant yet easy flavor-packed side dish!
- green beans
- 2 pounds green beans, stem end trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil ((divided))
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped (reserve any juice)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons red onion
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons capers (drained)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil ((divided))
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, if desired
- GREEN BEANS
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place green beans on a nonstick baking sheet or on a baking sheet lined with nonstick aluminum foil. Drizzle green beans with olive oil and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Roast for 15-20 minutes or until almost tender and lightly browned in places.
- While beans are roasting, prepare the relish.
- Combine all relish ingredients in a small bowl.
- TO SERVE: Place beans in a serving bowl and top with relish. Serve immediately.