Roasted Tomato Tabbouleh
Roasted Tomato Tabbouleh is a flavorful and delicious salad that is great for summer parties and barbecues. It can also be served in a Middle Eastern platter.
- 1 cup bulgur ((Cracked wheat))
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes ((or use 4~6 Plum tomatoes))
- 1 cup basil (Fresh , finely chopped)
- 1 cup mint (, finely chopped)
- 1 cup parsley (, finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (, finely minced)
- 2 tbsps sherry vinegar ((or use white wine vinegar))
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsps onions (, finely chopped)
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- to taste Salt Pepper (&)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine chopped herbs in a small bowl.
- Toss the tomatoes with garlic, vinegar and 1tsp olive oil on a rimmed baking sheet. Add 2tbsp of the chopped herbs and mix well. Roast until tomatoes begin to soften and shrivel a little bit, about 12~15 minutes. Let cool.
- Bring 1cup of water to boil, add bulgur and a pinch of salt. Turn off the heat, cover the pan and set aside for 15~20 minutes.
- Add roasted tomato mixture to the cooked bulgur, along with remaining chopped herbs, olive oil, scallions, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Gently toss and serve.
View the recipe instructions at Cook's Hideout