Roasted Tomato Tabbouleh
Roasted Tomato Tabbouleh is a flavorful and delicious salad that is great for summer parties and barbecues. It can also be served in a Middle Eastern platter.
- 1 cup bulgur ((Cracked wheat))
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes ((or use 4~6 Plum tomatoes))
- 1 cup basil (Fresh , finely chopped)
- 1 cup mint (, finely chopped)
- 1 cup parsley (, finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (, finely minced)
- 2 tbsps sherry vinegar ((or use white wine vinegar))
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsps green onions (, finely chopped)
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- to taste Salt Pepper (&)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine chopped herbs in a small bowl.
- Toss the tomatoes with garlic, vinegar and 1tsp olive oil on a rimmed baking sheet. Add 2tbsp of the chopped herbs and mix well. Roast until tomatoes begin to soften and shrivel a little bit, about 12~15 minutes. Let cool.
- Bring 1cup of water to boil, add bulgur and a pinch of salt. Turn off the heat, cover the pan and set aside for 15~20 minutes.
- Add roasted tomato mixture to the cooked bulgur, along with remaining chopped herbs, olive oil, scallions, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Gently toss and serve.