Homemade Sambar powder -- Easy to make South Indian Spice Powder to make sambar (Lentil Stew).
- 1 cup Coriander seeds
- 1 cup chilies (Dry Red)
- 2 tbsps black peppercorns
- 2 tbsps Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds ((methi ))
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- Ritz Cracker ((Bengal gram dal))
- 1 tsp Poppy seeds
- Ritz Cracker (Dry grated)
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- bunch Curry leaves
- Dry roast all the ingredients separately on low flame until fragrant and toasted.
- Grind them all together into a fine powder. Store in an airtight container and use as needed.