Sanna Pakora (Sindhi Onion Pakoda)
These double fried pakodas from Sindhi cuisine are extra crispy and yummy. Perfect to munch with a cup of tea.
- 1 cup Besan
- 1 onion (Large , chopped)
- 2 chilies (Green , finely chopped)
- 2 tbsps mint leaves (, finely chopped)
- 0.25 cup cilantro (leaves, finely chopped)
- 0.25 tsp coriander (Ground)
- 0.25 tsp chili powder (Red (or more, adjust as per taste))
- a pinch Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp (Oil + more for deep frying)
- to taste Salt
- In a mixing bowl, combine besan, onion, green chilies, mint & cilantro leaves, ground coriander, red chili powder, baking soda, 1tbsp hot oil and salt. Mix well and add enough water to make a thick batter.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Take big spoonfuls of the batter and add to the oil. Fry on medium flame for 3~4 minutes or until both sides are lightly golden and almost cooked through. Remove onto a paper towel lined plate and cool slightly.
- Break the big pakodas into smaller pieces and fry them again until golden brown and crisp all over. Drain on a paper towel lined plate. Serve hot with ketchup or green chutney.