Shrimp Cakes with Roasted Red Bell Pepper Mayonnaise
From a Chef's Kitchen
Shrimp Cakes with Roasted Red Bell Pepper Mayonnaise are perfect for a party! They're easy to make and can be made ahead and reheated.
- shrimp CAKES
- 1¼ pounds medium shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 4 scallions, white and light green part only (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnishing
- ⅔ cup panko, plus more for dredging
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 1½ teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- oil, for frying
- lemon wedges (for serving)
- roasted RED BELL PEPPER MAYONNAISE
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 jar (5-ounce) roasted red bell peppers, drained and patted dry
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 scallions, white and light green part only (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- SHRIMP CAKES: Mince shrimp by hand or in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a mixing bowl along with scallions, parsley, panko, mayonnaise, egg, Old Bay, Worcestershire, salt and black pepper. Mix well.
- Form into 12 even-sized cakes.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour or in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place a rack over a baking sheet.
- Place approximately 1/4-inch of oil in a skillet or saute pan. Heat over medium-high until shimmering.
- Dredge the shrimp cakes in panko and, working in batches, carefully place them in the hot oil. Brown 2 minutes per side or until golden. Place shrimp cakes on the rack set over a baking sheet. Repeat until all the cakes are browned.
- Place in the oven and bake 8-10 minutes or until cooked through to 165 degrees in the center.
- ROASTED RED BELL PEPPER MAYONNAISE: Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth.
- Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve shrimp cakes with mayonnaise and lemon wedges.