Slow Cooker Boston Baked Beans
The Lemon Bowl®
Vegetarian Boston Baked Beans are the ideal side dish for summer grilling season and they could not be any easier to make from scratch.
- 1 pound dried beans ((navy beans,Great Northern, pinto, etc.))
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup molasses
- ¼ cup ketchup or tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar (or cider vinegar)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse and sort dried beans then place in slow cooker covered with 2 inches of water and let soak overnight.
- In the morning, drain the beans then add back to the slow cooker along with all remaining ingredients.
- Add 2 1/2 cups fresh water plus a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cook on Low for 8 hours or High for 4 hours.
- Check for seasoning before serving.
View the recipe instructions at The Lemon Bowl®