Soft Gingerbread Cookies with White Chocolate
These Dairy-free Soft Gingerbread Cookies with White Chocolate are just the perfect holiday treat that will fill your house with amazing scents!
- 250 grams rye flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 tbsp gingerbread spice mix
- 1 tsp ginger spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp cacao
- 3 eggs ((beaten))
- 125 grams honey
- 100 grams vegan white chocolate
- sugar pearls
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients: rye flour, baking powder, sugar, gingerbread spice mix, ginger spice, cinnamon and cacao.
- Crack eggs in a separate bowl and whisk, then add to dry ingredients. Lastly, add honey to the mixture and knead in cookie dough. The dough will be sticky, if needed you can add a bit of wheat flour, to make it more managable. Then, cover the bowl with cling foil and place in fridge for at least half an hour to set.
- Preheat oven to 160°C / 320°F.
- Remove dough from fridge and with a teaspoon, take out small bits of dough and shape into a ball. With your thumb press down the middle of the ball to flatten it. If your dough is still sticky, dust each dough ball lightly with wheat flour when shaping.
- Place each cookie on a baking tray lined with baking paper and repeat until you use up all of the dough.
- Place baking tray in preheated oven and bake 12 minutes, then remove from oven and place cookies on a rack to cool off.
- Once the cookies are cooled, decorate with white chocolate. Use a vegan brand to keep dairy-free. Break chocolate down into small pieces and place in a steel bowl and over bain-marie (water bath) to melt. Stir to ensure an even melt.
- Dunk gingerbread cookies in white chocolate until half covered, drain the excess chocolate and place cookie on a tray lined with baking paper to set. Sprinkle with sugar pearls on top. Repeat until you decorate all of the cookies, then place them in a cool room or fridge to set the chocolate quickly.
- Store gingerbread cookies in an air-tight containers to soften up.