Southwestern Spiced Grilled Pork Chops with Plum Jalapeno Salsa
From a Chef's Kitchen
Southwestern Spiced Grilled Pork Chops w/ Plum Jalapeno Salsa + Summer Entertaining with FarewayMeatMarket.com Popchips and Southern Breeze #SummerEatsBBoxx #Ad
- southwestern SPICE RUB
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano (preferably Mexican)
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large ripe but firm plums, pitted and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded if desired
- 0.25 cup red onion
- 0.25 cup cilantro
- 3 tablespoon honey (or to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- pork chops
- 2 (10-ounce) FarewayMeatMarket.com Iowa Pork Chops --OR-- 2 (8-ounce) America's Cut Boneless Pork Chop
- canola or olive oil for grill
- SOUTHWESTERN SPICE RUB: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Store in an airtight container.
- SALSA: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- CHOPS: Preheat a grill to medium-high. Generously season chops with spice mixture.
- Lightly brush grates of the grill with a small amount of oil. Place the pork chops on the grill. Cook 4-5 minutes on the first side. Flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until pork chops reach an internal temperature of 155 degrees.
- Serve chops with salsa.