Soy Marinated Soft Boiled Eggs (Ajitsuke Tamago)
These soy marinated soft boiled eggs are an absolute treat and finish off ramen with a touch of specialness.
- 2 eggs ((beaten))
- 150 ml soy sauce
- 150 ml water
- 2 tbsp mirin
- Gently lower the eggs into a pan of boiling water. Depending on the size of the eggs cook for between 5-6 minutes for a runny yolk and 6-8 minutes for soft.
- Mix the marinade ingredients together in a bowl.
- Once the eggs are cooked, remove immediately from the heat and then gently place into a bowl of ice water. Let the eggs cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the water and gently peel. Submerge the eggs in the marinade and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to a few days.
- Take the eggs out of the marinade and carefully slice in half. Serve and enjoy!
View the recipe instructions at Globe Scoffers