Spaghetti Squash Broccoli Bacon and Cheddar Mini Quiches
From a Chef's Kitchen
Spaghetti Squash, Broccoli, Bacon and Cheddar Mini Quiches are going to breathe some new life into your breakfast world!
- cooking spray
- 1 small spaghetti squash, ( halved, roasted and shredded. Approximately 3 cups)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 medium broccoli crown (cut into florets)
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 eggs (beaten)
- ½ cup 2% milk
- dash of Tabasco sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a nonstick 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Season the spaghetti squash with salt and black pepper to taste. Divide it up equally into 12 portions and place each portion in a muffin pan, pressing it into the bottom and up the sides. Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- While the spaghetti squash cups are baking, bring a small saucepan of salted water to a boil. Cook the broccoli for 1-2 minutes. Drain well and coarsely chop.
- Place equal amounts of the broccoli, cheese and bacon in each squash "cup." Whisk together the eggs and milk and season with salt and black pepper.
- Pour an equal amount of the egg mixture into each muffin cup using a small ladle.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until set.
- Let rest in the pan 10 minutes. Run the dull side of a paring knife around each quiche, remove and serve.