ASDA Good living
Pan-fried onions, spicy chorizo, potatoes and mixed peppers flavour this simple egg dish
- 250 g baby potatoes (larger potatoes halved)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 110 g balsamic-glazed mini chorizo (pack, halved)
- 1 onion (halved and finely sliced)
- 150 g frozen garden peas
- 150 g sliced mixed peppers
- 7 eggs
- Add the potatoes to a pan of boiling water and simmer for 15-20 mins until tender. Drain and leave to cool, then slice thickly.
- Heat 1tbsp of the olive oil in a medium-sized, oven-safe, nonstick frying pan and cook the chorizo and onion over a medium heat for 4 mins until the onions are soft but not starting to brown. Add the frozen peas and the peppers then cook for 10 mins, stirring occasionally, until they have thawed and softened, and all the moisture has been driven off. Transfer to a bowl with a slotted spoon.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Heat the rest of the oil in the pan and fry the potato slices for 10 mins until they start to brown slightly. Add the chorizo mixture and stir to distribute evenly in the pan.
- Lightly beat the eggs and season with black pepper. Pour into the pan and cook over a low heat, without stirring, until the base and sides are golden and only a thin film of uncooked egg remains on the top.
- Put the pan under the grill and cook for 2-3 mins until set. Cut into wedges and serve warm or cold.
View the recipe instructions at ASDA Good living