Spice Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Peach Chipotle Barbecue Sauce
From a Chef's Kitchen
Spice Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Peach Chipotle Sauce is spicy, sweet and smoky!
- dry RUB AND PORK
- 4 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons salt, preferably kosher
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 lbs pork tenderloins
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 0.5 small red onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 0.66666666666667 cup water
- 0.66666666666667 cup ketchup
- 0.5 cup peach preserves, jelly or jam
- 0.25 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- DRY RUB AND PORK
- Combine ingredients for dry rub and mix well. Coat pork tenderloin thoroughly with dry rub and set aside at room temperature while making the sauce.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Spray tenderloin with cooking spray to moisten spices. Grill, covered, turning occasionally until browned on all sides, 4-5 minutes.
- Reduce heat or move off direct heat and continue to cook covered until the meat registers 145 degrees, 8-10 minutes longer. Transfer pork to a platter, tent with foil and let rest 5 minutes before slicing. (The meat will be pink! At 165 degrees, the meat will not longer be pink.)
- Serve sauce with pork.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, reduce heat to medium-low and cook 8-10 minutes or until onion is very soft. Stir in the garlic and cook 15 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the water, ketchup, peach preserves, cider vinegar, molasses, Worcestershire sauce and chipotle chiles. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer while cooking the pork.
- While the pork is resting, puree the sauce in a food processor or blender until smooth if desired.