Spicy Chickpeas and Spinach
Try replacing rice with this spicy chickpea side dish as it's low in carbs and packed full of flavour!
- 400 g canned chickpeas
- ½ small Onion (sliced)
- 4 baby tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- fresh coriander
- pinch chilli powder (more if desired)
- splash water
- salt and pepper
- 120 g spinach
- Fry the onions in a bit of oil in a saucepan until soft.
- Add the tomatoes and tomato puree and give it a good stir.
- Add the chickpeas and stir.
- Then add all the spices and stir it in so the chickpeas are coated.
- Add the fresh coriander and splash of water and give it a good stir.
- Add the spinach and cook for about 3-4 minutes until the spinach is cooked.
- Serve with your favourite curry! Enjoy!