Spicy Mixed Citrus Salad
The View From the Great Island
Spicy Citrus Salad with Black Olives ~ this healthy salad in the Mediterranean tradition features a spicy/sweet combination that wakes up any plate!
- 2 navel oranges
- 2 blood oranges
- 1 white grapefruit
- 1 red or pink grapefruit
- 2 cara Cara oranges
- 2 cups parsley leaves
- 1 cup oil cured Moroccan olives
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 0.25 tsp cayenne pepper
- 0.25 tsp hot smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 0.25 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and taste to adjust any of them. Set aside.
- Remove the rinds and segment all of the citrus fruit. Drain off the excess juice and put in a large bowl.
- Chop the parsley and add to the bowl, along with the olives.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad, toss lightly, and serve.