Spicy Thai Fried Rice with Sugar Snap Peas
Fried rice is my go-to dish on days when I’m dog tired to cook anything and also when I’m trying to clean out the fridge. This is one such recipe and it tasted pretty good.
- 1 cups Basmati Rice water (– soaked in for at least 15 mins)
- 2 tbsps Lemon grass (– finely chopped (from fleshy mid section of about 2 stalks))
- 1 cups Sugar snap peas Green beans (– finely chopped (I used frozen) cans be substituted)
- 1 cup Green Peas
- 14 oz baby corn (. canned – drained and rinsed)
- 1 shallot (– medium chopped)
- 4 chilies (Green – thinly sliced)
- 1 ginger (” – grated)
- 1 clove garlic (– minced)
- 2 tbsps Red Chili Sauce (Thai)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsps chili sauce (Asian (optional, I used Sriracha ))
- to taste Salt
- Cook rice and let it cool completely.
- Heat 2tbsp peanut oil in a large sauté pan; add shallots, ginger, garlic and lemon grass and sauté till nice and fragrant about 2-3 minutes.
- Add sugar snap peas and baby corn; cover and cook till they are tender about 5-7 minutes.
- Now add Thai red chili sauce, hot sauce and soy sauce; stir fry for a minute.
- Add thawed peas and stir fry for couple of minutes until heated through.
- Finally add the cooked rice and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.