Spicy Zoodle Pad Thai Salad
The View From the Great Island
Zoodle Pad Thai Salad is a refreshing low carb version of the beloved Thai street food, made with spiralized zucchini.
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 large jalapeno pepper (minced, seeds and all)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 4 ounces tofu ( cut in small cubes)
- 6 scallions (thinly sliced)
- 1 can water chestnuts (sliced thinly)
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 medium zucchini
- large handful fresh cilantro leaves (chopped)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (about 2 large limes)
- 3 tbsp fish sauce (substitute soy sauce for vegetarian and vegan)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ cup roasted peanuts (rough chopped)
- more fresh cilantro leaves
- lime wedges
- Heat the oil in a wok and saute the garlic, ginger and jalapeno for several minutes, stirring constantly. Push them to one side and add the eggs. Scramble them, breaking them up as they cook.
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients and add to the pan. Heat until it comes to a boil, and then add the tofu, scallions, water chestnuts, bean sprouts, and zoodles. Stir fry for a minute or so, tossing everything really well to distribute the sauce evenly and just barely soften the zoodles. Toss in the cilantro and take off the heat.
- Serve hot right away, or remove from the pan and refrigerate to serve chilled as a salad. Garnish with lime wedges, chopped peanuts, and fresh cilantro.