The View From the Great Island
Spring Candy Chocolate Bark ~ skip the pre-fab candy this Easter and make your own! Creamy white chocolate is studded with your favorite holiday treats, and takes only minutes to make!
- 1 12-oz bag Nestle White Chocolate Chips (use milk or dark chocolate if you want)
- 1 tbsp Crisco or coconut oil (this helps encourage the chocolate to melt smoothly)
- .assorted jelly beans, chocolate eggs, M&Ms, and pastel sprinkles
- Put the chocolate and the Criso or coconut oil into a microwave safe glass bowl. Make sure it is completely dry. Microwave in bursts of 30 seconds, stirring in between, until the chocolate softens and begins to melt. Stir to encourage all the lumps to melt, letting the heat of the chocolate finish the job. Be careful not to over-microwave the chocolate or it will 'seize' and turn into a hard mass. Microwave in short bursts and stir in between and you'll be ok.
- Pour the chocolate onto a baking sheet and gently spread the chocolate out into roughly an 8x12 rectangle.
- Scatter the candy and sprinkles evenly over the hot chocolate, and press down lightly to make sure they stick.
- Let the bark harden, either at room temperature or in the refrigerator. Cut into shards before serving.