Spring vegetable quiche
Cake and Whisky
Easy to make, green, light and fresh, this Spring vegetable quiche is the perfect spring supper. And lunch. And breakfast.
- ½ block of shortcrust pastry
- 80 g tenderstem broccoli (stalk removed)
- 80 g French green beans ( ends removed)
- 80 g fine asparagus ( ends removed)
- 50 g garden peas
- 2 big eggs
- 150 ml single cream
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- a small pinch of chilli powder
- salt, pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 150°C (gas mark 5).
- Put a small saucepan of slightly salted water to boil.
- In the meantime, roll your pastry to 1/2cm thick and use it to line a 20-25 cm round tin.
- When the water is boiling, add the green beans. Cook for about 2min, then add in the rest of the vegetables and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, transfer to a vegetable strainer, rince with plenty of cold water, then drain well.
- In a big mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and cream. Season with the curry powder, the chilli powder (if using) and plenty of salt and pepper.
- Add the drainer vegetables to the egg and cream mixture, and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the lined tin until it's about 2/3 full. be careful not to overfill the tin!
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden and the quiche just set.
- Eat warm or cold.
View the recipe instructions at Cake and Whisky