Steak Fajita Bowls with Chimichurri Sauce
The View From the Great Island
Steak Fajita Bowls with Chimichurri Sauce is an easy gluten free 30 minute meal that gives you that just off the grill flavor right on your stovetop!
- 1 cup chimi
- easy fajita spice rub
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 pound thinly sliced sirloin steak, cut in chunks or strips
- 10 ounces colorful bell peppers, cut in strips
- ½ red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 or 2 jalapeño or Serrano peppers (sliced)
- cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, cut in quarters
- 4 cups cooked Jasmine rice, hot
- Toss the spice mix together and rub it into the sliced steak. You can use the meat immediately, or marinate for an hour in the refrigerator...put in a zip lock baggie, or wrap in plastic.
- Heat a grill pan, griddle, or cast iron skillet on high until very hot. Stir fry the steak for a couple of minutes until it gets some nice charring. Do this in 2 batches if your pan is small. Remove to a plate.
- Add enough olive oil to lightly coat the pan and add the onions. Stir fry until they just start to soften, about 2-3 minutes, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Remove to the same plate with the meat.
- Add the peppers to the pan and stir fry just until they start to soften, stirring almost constantly.
- Add the meat and onions back to the pan and heat everything through. I like them as is, but if you want a little sauce, hit the hot pan with a splash of water and stir well.
- Divide the rice between 4 bowls and top with some of the chimichurri sauce. Spoon the fajitas onto the rice and drizzle with more sauce. Serve garnished with fresh cilantro, and lime wedges.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island