Stir-fried Beef With Ginger And Spring Onion
You would never know that this Slimming World Syn free Stir-fried Beef with Ginger and Spring Onion didn't come from the Chinese Takeaway.
- 500 g rump beef (thinly sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- ginger (2 cm, finely chopped)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 80 ml oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sweetener (optional)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 5 mushrooms (large, sliced)
- 4 spring onions (sliced)
- 5 baby corn
- Spray a large frying pan or wok with Frylight and gently heat.
- Brown the beef on both sides in small batches, you just to colour the beef. DO NOT let it cook through. Set aside.
- Deglaze the pan with 1 tbsp of Rice Vinegar and a bit of water. Make sure to get all the beef that is stuck to the bottom. This will give your dish real depth of flavour.
- Spray the pan with some more Frylight and fry the onion, garlic, ginger and mushrooms until the onion is soft.
- Add the rice vinegar, oyster sauce and soy sauce, cook until it thickens.
- Add the beef back to the pan along with the chopped spring onions and cook for a further 5 minutes stirring often.
- Add the peppers and baby corn, cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Serve & enjoy!
View the recipe instructions at pinchofnom.com