Strawberry Crumble Pie
The View From the Great Island
Strawberry Crumble Pie ~ this simple pie is bursting with ripe juicy strawberries and makes the ultimate springtime dessert!
- 1 single frozen pie crust ( do not thaw)
- 1½ pounds strawberries (washed and sliced)
- ½ cup sugar
- Lemon juiced
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- crumble topping
- ¾ cups flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 6 tbsp cold butter ( cut in small pieces )
- Set oven to 400F
- Toss the strawberries with the sugar, lemon juice, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Make the crumble topping by cutting the butter into the flour and sugars. Use your fingertips or two forks to blend it all together until it becomes coarse crumbles.
- If you like, carefully remove the frozen pie crust from its tin and put it into your own pie dish. Set the dish on a baking sheet to catch any dripping juices.
- Transfer the berries to the pie crust, but leave any extra juices behind. Mound them in the center of the pie and top with the crumble mixture.
- Bake at 400F for 15 minutes, then turn the heat down to 375F for another 40 minutes, or until the top is browned and the juices are bubbling.
- Let cool completely before slicing.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island