Strawberry Jam (using Pectin)
Easy to make Strawberry Jam with pectin. It keeps well in the fridge for up to 3 months/
- 4 ~ 5 cups Strawberries (- , chopped)
- ¾ ~ 2 cups Sugar (- (½~1cup honey))
- 2 tsp Pectin (powder)
- 2 tsp water (Calcium - (recipe follows))
- Combine chopped strawberries and calcium water in a medium sauce pan. Bring the mixture to a boil on medium heat.
- In the meantime, whisk pectin powder into the sugar or honey and thoroughly mix it.
- Once the fruit comes to a boil, add the pectin-sugar (or honey) and stir vigorously for 1~2 minutes until sugar and pectin are dissolved. Return to boil and remove from heat.
- Fill clean jars with the jam and once completely cooled, store in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
- To make Calcium Water: Put ½tsp calcium powder and ½cup water in a small, clear jar with lid. Store this mixture in the fridge. It lasts for months. Shake well before using. Discard if settled white powder discolors or mold starts to form.