Strawberry Jam (using Pectin)
Easy to make Strawberry Jam with pectin. It keeps well in the fridge for up to 3 months/
- 4 ~ 5 cups Strawberries (- , chopped)
- ¾ ~ 2 cups Sugar (- (½~1cup honey))
- 2 tsp Pectin (powder)
- 2 tsp water (Calcium - (recipe follows))
- Combine chopped strawberries and calcium water in a medium sauce pan. Bring the mixture to a boil on medium heat.
- In the meantime, whisk pectin powder into the sugar or honey and thoroughly mix it.
- Once the fruit comes to a boil, add the pectin-sugar (or honey) and stir vigorously for 1~2 minutes until sugar and pectin are dissolved. Return to boil and remove from heat.
- Fill clean jars with the jam and once completely cooled, store in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
- To make Calcium Water: Put ½tsp calcium powder and ½cup water in a small, clear jar with lid. Store this mixture in the fridge. It lasts for months. Shake well before using. Discard if settled white powder discolors or mold starts to form.
View the recipe instructions at Cook's Hideout