Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble Pie
The View From the Great Island
Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble Pie ~ strawberries and rhubarb combined in a one crust crumble topped pie for an easy spring dessert!
- 1 frozen deep dish pie crust, not thawed (I like Marie Callender's)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ cup cold butter (cut in pieces)
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 1¼ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup flour
- 2 cups thin sliced rhubarb
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- Put the crumble ingredients in a food processor and pulse about 25 times, or until it resembles coarse crumbs. Pour it into a bowl, add the vanilla paste, and work it in with your fingers, I like to create some clumps in the mixture with my fingers by pressing it together to get a coarser crumble texture.
- Whisk together the sugar and flour for the filling in a large bowl. Add the fruit and toss to get it all coated with the flour sugar mixture.
- Transfer your frozen pie crust to one of your own pie plates if you like. Fill the frozen pie crust with the fruit filling. Top with the crumble topping.
- Put the pie on a baking sheet and bake for 50-60 minutes until golden and bubbling. Check the pie half way through and if it seems to be browning too quickly, lay a piece of foil loosely over the top.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island