Summer Fruit Jumble Crumble
The View From the Great Island
Summer Jumble Fruit Crumble combines all those bits and pieces of delicious ripe fruit you've got lying around into one fabulously easy dessert.
- 1 ripe peaches (chopped)
- 2 plums (sliced)
- ½ cup each blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries
- a few ripe figs (anything else you'd like to throw in, sliced)
- Ritz Cracker
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 juice of lemon
- crumble topping
- 1 cup flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter (cut in pieces)
- Set oven to 350F
- The measurements above are approximate, use enough fruit to fill your pan. Toss the fruit with the cornstarch, sugar, and lemon juice. Let sit for 30 minutes to allow the juices to flow.
- Meanwhile, make the topping. I use my food processor, but you can use your hands if you like. Combine the flour, sugar, and oats, and the pulse in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. Make sure to get the butter really well distributed.
- Pile the fruit into your pan (no need to grease it.) Top it with the crumble mixture. I like to press it together with my fingers to make larger crumbles.
- Set the pan on a baking sheet and bake for about 50 minutes, or until the top is golden and the juices are really bubbling.