Sweet Potato-Chickpea Burger
Sweet potato & Chickpea burger -- One of the best burgers I've ever made -- roasted sweet potatoes are combined with chickpeas to make the best tasting vegetarian burger.
- 1 sweet Potato (- large)
- 1 oz 15 Chickpeas (- . can, drained and rinsed)
- ½ tsp chili powder (Red - (or more, adjust per taste))
- 2 tbsp Wholewheat Flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese (- , finely grated)
- to taste Salt Pepper (&)
- 4 onion (Rolls)
- honey Mustard Sauce (- as needed)
- avocado (Sliced)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Poke holes in the sweet potato and place it on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake for 45minutes ~ 1 hour until fork tender. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- When cool enough to handle, halve the sweet potato and scoop out the flesh into a mixing bowl.
- Add chickpeas to sweet potato and mash into a coarse paste. Add chili powder, flour, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. Divide the mixture into 4 equal size patties.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add 1tbsp oil and 1tbsp butter. Gently place the patties in the skillet and cook until the patties are brown and crisp on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Serve over onion buns spread with honey mustard sauce and topped with lettuce and avocado.
View the recipe instructions at Cook's Hideout