Sweet and Spicy Pumpkin Soup
Sweet & Spicy Pumpkin Soup: This is a perfect Fall/ Autumn recipe with its slightly sweet and spiciness.
- 2 cups pumpkin (Puree (Store bought or homemade))
- 1 white onion (Medium , chopped)
- 1 carrot (Medium , peeled and diced)
- 1 celery (Stalk, chopped (I did not add this))
- 1 tbsp sage (Fresh , chopped (I used 1tsp dried sage instead))
- 1 ~ 2 cups Vegetable broth (Low Sodium (or water))
- 2 ~ 3 tbsps Brown Sugar
- 1 ~ 2 tsps Red Chili (flakes (adjust as per taste))
- 1 tbsp olive oil ((divided))
- to taste Salt Pepper (&)
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrot and celery (if using) and saute till the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add sage and chili flakes. Next add the vegetable broth and pumpkin puree. Mix well to combine.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup to a smooth consistency. Skip this step if you like a chunky soup.
- Add the brown sugar, salt and pepper. Let the soup simmer for 20~25 minutes.
- Ladle the soup in serving bowls and garnish with creme fraiche or sour cream and croutons, if desired.
View the recipe instructions at Cook's Hideout