Tangerine Poppy Seed Pancakes
The View From the Great Island
Tangerine Poppy Seed Pancakes are a variation on one of my most popular recipes. Fresh tangerine juice, Greek yogurt, and crunchy poppy seeds make a lighter and healthier version of everybody's favorite pancake breakfast.
12 small pancakes
- dry ingredients
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 0.33333333333333 cup sugar
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 0.25 tsp salt
- wet ingredients
- 0.33333333333333 cup buttermilk or milk
- 0.75 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 2 zest of tangerines
- 0.25 cup fresh tangerine juice
- 0.5 tsp orange extract (optional)
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter (melted)
- 0.25 cup Poppy seeds
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the wet ingredients together. Stir the wet into the dry, just until combined. Don't over mix or your pancakes will be dense, lumps are fine. If your batter seems a little thick, thin it with a little more milk.
- Cook the pancakes on a lightly greased griddle for 2-3 minutes on the first side, or until the bubbles have risen and popped and the edges are starting to look done. Flip and cook another minute or two on the other side, just until done through. (Small pancakes will take less time to cook.)
- Serve hot with butter and maple syrup.